Happy and healthy employees are the backbone of any organisation. Yet all too often, mental health can be overlooked or brushed under the table, leading to absenteeism, decreased productivity, high staff turnover, and low employee engagement and morale.
Taking care of your employees’ mental health doesn’t just help your business be a great place to work. It’s also a legal responsibility; the Equality Act 2010 says that reasonable adjustments must be made and monitored for those employees experiencing mental ill health.
In partnership with MSBHelp.co.uk (Mental Health in Business Solutions), LEAD is offering one lucky reader the opportunity to win a package of services that will help their organisation set excellent mental health procedures that will both support their staff and maintain their legal responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
One winner will receive membership to MSBHelp.co.uk, which includes:
- Access to the Level 1 Mental Health Awareness Course*. This is a CPD-accredited training course to improve mental health awareness in the workplace. Certificates will be provided to participants who complete the course.
- Regular legal updates to help companies maintain their legal responsibilities and keep up-to-date with the Equality Act 2010
- Posters to place around the workplace, notifying employees of the mental health support available to them
- Discounts on sessions at the MSBHelp.co.uk online counselling clinic, the only NHS Choices approved online clinic. These sessions can be made available to your staff as and when they need them.
- Access to an administration where they can monitor their employee’s progress on the course
- A membership certificate to hang in reception to let all your staff and customers know that mental health matters to your business
* The number of places available on the course is subject to the size of the company. Please see terms and conditions for further information.
How to win:
Answer the question to the following question:
What is the name of the UK law that sets out employers’ responsibilities to their employees and their mental health?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 30 November.
Terms and conditions:
- Only one entry is allowed per entrant
- Entrants must not be in anyway connected to either LEAD, Slack Communications or MSBHelp.co.uk, either as a paid employee or family member.
- Entry to the competition should be emailed to email@example.com
- The closing date for the competition is Friday 30 November.
- The winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the closing date
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the closing date. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No responsibility can be accepted for circumstances outside of LEAD magazine and the publisher Slack Communications’ control, including any third party’s ability to supply the prize as published. No cash alternatives can be offered. Prizes are not transferable.
- Entries will be processed and entrants’ details held by LEAD magazine and Slack Communications.
- Entrants details will not be passed to any third-party suppliers, with the exception of the winning entrant so that their prize can be redeemed.
- Proof of emailing is not accepted as proof of delivery. No responsibility can be taken for any entries that are delayed, damaged or wrongly delivered.
- The membership package available as the prize will be determined by the size of the winning company. The prize packages are structured as follows:
Size of organisation: 1–4 employees
Value of membership package: £120 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 1
Size of organisation: 5-9 employees
Value of membership package: £190 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 2
Size of organisation: 10-19 employees
Value of membership package: £295 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 4
Size of organisation: 20-29 employees
Value of membership package: £350 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 6
Size of organisation: 30-49 employees
Value of membership package: £495 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 8
Size of organisation: 50-99 employees
Value of membership package: £595 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 10
Size of organisation: 100-200 employees
Value of membership package: £795 per year
Mental health awareness course places x 14
- Further questions or comments relating to the competition should be addressed to Becky Slack at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LEAD magazine is published by Slack Communications. Companies House Registration: 08439593
- MSBHelp.co.uk is the third-party supplier delivering the prize. Companies House Registration: 08907408